As the soundbar carries a significant amount of uncompressed digital audio data by using an HDMI cable, it produces an authentic and robust sound. So, if you want to have a studio-produced sound experience, the soundbar will be nothing but the best. A soundbar with HDMI cable is compatible with any surround sound system no matter it is 5.1 or 7.1. However, as the latest TV doesn’t come with a powerful sound speaker, using a soundbar will give you immense experience for listening to the audios.
So, here is the easiest way to connect the soundbar to TV using an HDMI. Let’s dive into it.
Connecting Soundbar to TV with HDMI using ARC
As most of the HDMI ports are the input-only, they can only receive data from whatever they’re connected to instead of sending an audio or video signal. So, if you want to connect your soundbar to TV using HDMI, you need HDMI-ARC, where ARC stands for Audio Return Channel. This ARC helps the audio signal to travel to both directions. So,
- At first, connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port of the TV. You’ll find it labelling ARC on the TV.
- Next, you have to connect another end of the HDMI cable to the TV-OUT port of the soundbar.
- By connecting both ends successfully, everything is ready to play the audio. Enjoy your music.
Connecting Soundbar to TV with HDMI without ARC but an Optical Audio Cable
Instead of using an ARC, you can connect the Soundbar to TV with HDMI by using an optical audio cable. Hence, you need an HDMI cable which will connect two ends of the TV and soundbar.
- Now, connect on end of the HDMI cable to the TV-OUT port on the soundbar.
- Then connect another end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port of the TV.
- After connecting both ends successfully, you have to use an optical audio cable to connect from TV’s optical Digital Audio out to Optical IN on the soundbar.
- Everything is ready, and here you can play your favourite sound through the soundbar.
Connecting Soundbar to TV with HDMI without ARC and an Optical Audio Cable
However, if you have no ARC or an optical audio cable, you can still connect the soundbar to the TV with HDMI. Here, you have to use an external device to connect both TV and the soundbar. So,
- At first, connect one end of the external device with the HDMI cable to the HDMI IN port on the TV.
- Then, connect the external device with another end of the HDMI cable to the soundbar.
- You are ready by connecting both ends successfully to the soundbar and the TV.
A soundbar is a fantastic device to listen to the favourite audio from DVR, TV, Gaming Console, Streaming Media Box or Blu-Ray Player. As some soundbars come with limited inputs, you should be conscious while purchasing. The more compatible a soundbar is, the more usable it is. Also, you can experience the latest technologies of sound such as DTS: X, Dolby Atoms etc. through a well-constructed soundbar.